Just because. Two words that say so much about the heart. In a society where there seems to always be a catch, small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness with no strings attached is a great way to show the love of Jesus to those around us. Keep an eye open for an opportunity to show love, and do so just because you've been loved first by God. With each act, leave the little card with them to let them know that it ultimately comes from Him who loves them. It's simple, practical, effective, inexpensive and fun!
IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED:
- Purchase long distance phone cards for college students.
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Bring flowers (poinsettias, etc.) to someone.
- Offer to baby-sit for free.
- Pay for someone's Starbucks coffee behind you in the drive-through.
- Pay for someone's fast food meal behind you in the drive-through.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a treat to the postman or delivery person.
- Leave a big tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Pay for someone's movie that is behind you in line.
- Slip a $20 bill to someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone's meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
- Organize a Christmas Caroling group and go house-to-house.
- Approach shoppers as they finish unloading their carts and offer to take the shopping cart back for them.
Share your story and let it encourage others to show love just because, also!